Saturday, June 20, 2009

wsop update

The WSOP has not been kind to me this year. After cashing in 40% of the events I played in the last 2 years I am now 0-10 this year in WSOP events. So when you are not making day 2s and cashing tourneys the buyins add up. I have cashed one tourney out here and that was the Venetian $1k. I got 11th out of 336 for $4k, it was $100k to win. It was real soft and I basically crushed day 2 but I could not win a hand at showdown and lost a flip to bust. Still got 5-7 events left so hopefully I can get something going.

We went out last night to Green Valley Ranch to see Steel Panther which is a 80s hair cover band. We got VIP seating in a horseshoe booth down on the floor that was a pretty nice setup. They kicked people out who were in our booth which was sort of awkward but whatever. Steel Panther was pretty good. Won $450 at blackjack, but I was up $1275 and announced last hand and put $275 out and of course I get 88. So I split, get a 2, double down and end up losing $825 on the hand to put me back at that $450 profit. Oh well. Green Valley is a pretty nice place and treats us pretty well picking us up and taking us back in limos or escalades. Though I talked to a host today who said they had my average bet last night as $50 and I wasn't very happy about that as it should have been closer to $110 or so. I seem to run bad at blackjack rating as I got screwed at the Gold Coast last year as well.

No comments: