Friday, February 29, 2008

catching up

Been a while since I got around to this, really nothing noteworthy on the poker front has really come up. Karec and I both played in the San Diego main event, both busting after dinner break on day 1. From there it was onto the Venetian where they were having the Deepstack events. I built up a nice stack in the first one, then donked it all off somehow, I think I made a hero call with 33 and was shown KK for a large portion of chips. The next day I once again built a stack but ended up busting 12th for $2400 losing a flip that would have put me in 4th or so. That one was $55k to win. The Venetian hotel rooms were so nice, all suites, pretty decent priced room service off the kids menu too.

Online wise lately, haven't had too many great results, one night while still back in Vegas, I got 50th or so in the $1k FTOPs which paid 380k to win or so, my cash was good for $4k, it was pretty sick as I had a top 10 stack with 100 left and lost a flip to go out. Erick Lindgren went onto win it, like he needed the money. Same night I got 2nd in a Stars $109 for $7k I think, got 4th last night in the 22r, 13th the night before in the $320, that was $56k to win, bleh... besides that, not too much going on. I've started playing more nl cash and also some plo cash and so far the results have been great.

GG to Kelvin Sampson... hopefully Dakich can keep things together and at least make a run to the Sweet 16, winning the big ten tourney in Indy would be key as IU would have to be a lock 3 seed in that scenario imo. I think Sean Miller(Xavier) is my #1 choice for the next head coach right now, but sounds more like a two horse race between Brad Brownell(Wright St/formerly UNC-W) and Tony Bennett(Wash St/Dick Bennett's son of Wiscy fame)... of course that whole two horse race thing is sort of like the Kentucky Derby, the frontrunners at the beginning sometimes don't even end up in the race when it rolls around.

Free agency started today in the NFL and the Bengals traded a 3rd and 5th round pick for DT Shaun Rogers and are saying GG to Kevin Smith and Madieu Williams(signed with the Vikes for 5 yrs/33 mil). *edit: frickin the trade didnt go through league office, and now the Browns trade for Rogers, what a frickin joke*

And to round out the sports talk, the Reds are still in the hunt for the central, ha.

Back on the poker front, I'm going to be doing some coaching and my rates will beat most of all the personal coaches I know who are comparable talent. PM me on 2p2 or pocket5s for details or email me at mattsterling AT hotmail DOT com

No comments: